Thursday, March 02, 2006

Marching on by

It was a wonderful moment I had today as I was walking that short stretch to my office after an assignment in Kelana Jaya.

A pity really I didn't have the luxury of a lush green field to lie on nor the time of letting the sun rays beat down on my face a little bit longer and holler to Oasis' "Don't Look Back in Anger" at the top of my lungs.

But it was good anyways. Little moments like these do make your day.

Enjoy your week folks.


If I could open my arms
and span the length of the isle of Manhattan,
I'd bring it to where you are
making a lake of the East River and Hudson
And if I could open my mouth
wide enough for a marching band to march out of
they would make your name sing
and bend through alleys and bounce off other buildings

I wish we could open our eyes
to see in all directions at the same time
Oh what a beautiful view
if you were never aware of what was around you
And it is true what you said
that I live like a hermit in my own head
but when the sun shines again
I'll pull the curtains and blinds to let the light in

Sorrow drips into your heart through a pinhole
Just like a faucet that leaks and there is comfort in the sound
But while you debate half empty or half full
It slowly rises, your love is gonna drown (4x)

Your love is gonna drown (4x)
Your love is gonna...

Death Cab for Cutie, Marching Bands of Manhattan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home