Saturday, January 07, 2006

1st week at work was GOOD

A first glance at the Sun building wouldn't leave a lasting impression with its weather-worn walls reminding me of a certain room in the 'Dark Water' movie. Neither would its poorly maintained office which cramps the various departments (newsdesk, lifestyle, sports, layout, photography, IT) all under one floor of the building.

But all it took was 2 days to make me wanna come back and work with the Sun when I graduate. Assigned to newsdesk department, me and 2 other interns were taught to use the computer system to write out our news articles on the first day. After that it was straight to business with my first solo assignment in The Summit Hotel in Subang and another one accompanied by a fellow reporter in Damansara Heights.

Although it is a bit of a hassle not having your own transport and not knowing the place where your next assignment is held, I find this job very much to my liking with one running off to places and then rushing back to the office to churn out a news piece.

Throw in some really friendly people as your work mates in this closely knit community of journalists, sub-editors and editors; you've got a very conducive and relaxed work environment which I personally wouldn't trade for any other job.

I'm definitely looking forward to working in the lifestyle department where that fatso Eugene seems to be having an easy time writing book, food, music and movie reviews. Also that ffeature which I'll be contributing to the newspapre's youth pullout once a month.

Man, things to look forward to aplenty working here.

1 Comments:

Blogger 小燕子 said...

lucky you...i'm the one working late all the time...sien...

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home