Friday, June 29, 2007

Transformers rocks my socks!!!!!!

Damn man, damn.

It was simply amazing, and mind-blowing it was. It's almost 4 in the morning but I'll be damned if I didn't get this up now.

Oh and what am I blabbering about? Why Transformers of course! The Michael Bay adaptation of the object of every decent child's fantasy. Transformers for god's sake!

Not going to miss the premiere for the world, Transformers the live-action movie really delievered, with the bots looking way cooler than depicted in the posters. Ooh and the sound of them bots mobilizing, or transform into their alternate modes, brought back nostalgic memories of yesterdays and boy did it bring the chills.

With Michael Bay (a non-Transformers fan initially) at the helm, many die-hard fans were extremely sceptical of what the outcome would be, but after the watching it myself, the man deserves due credit for his portrayal of the Autobots and Decepticons which stuck very much to the original core flavour of the popular franchise, and also for keeping the movie action-packed throughout.

Interspersed with Shia LaBeouf's hilarious antics in his efforts to woo Megan Fox's character (smokin' hawt!!), the main attraction was obviously the battle between Autobots Optimus Prime (the tai gor), Jazz, Ironhide, Bumblebee and Ratchet, and Decepticons Megatron (iceman...lol), Starscream, Blackout, Frenzy, Barricade, Bonecrusher, Brawl and Scorponok.

The film kept me on the edge of my seat throughout and it was really quite disappointing when it all came to an end. For me, I didn't think the Autobots got enough screen time and the individual battles between the Autobots and Decepticons could've been lengthened (the duel between Optimus and Megatron whooped ass though). And what the fuck the uber-cool, slick Autobot second-in-command sabotuer, Jazz (I fucking worship him during my kiddie days) was disposed of in the movie (broken in half in fact) by Megatron as if he was just a cheap piece of garbage. Hello!! That's Jazz ok. A few things that coulda been further explored is Starscream's grudge towards his Decepticon leader. That would be cool.

Ahh, I could probably go on and on about the movie but before I go on spoiling the movie for youse who intend to watch it with my inane chatter, I'll just stop by saying it's a movie worth every last penny. There. That's it.

"Autobots, transform and rollout"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home